Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hustling on a budget!

I'm hoping I can find some schmuck out there will make up a solid works file or a blueprint for me for free! here's a few tricks I'm using.

1. I'm contacting my friend's brother who does this stuff as a job. my product isn't that hard to make, but his 5 minutes of work would be my 5 hours. good payoff if he'll do it for a 6 pack of beer.
2. i'm looking for local engineering students who would be interested in some real work experience.  i'll gladly give them recommendations for future jobs. Probably more valuable than money at this point in their career.

I'm hoping that I'll get a response sooner than later, I want that thing produced and sent to my supplier ASAP.

As with my business client:

He's looking for a service flowchart, which I'm struggling to put together, in some ways. I want to get some information on other company best practices, service standards etc. so I can see how the already made it companies are doing it. Unfortunately, these don't seem to be out there and easily findable.  Oh well, shoot from the hip.

First day at Inventory and costing tomorrow as well. Hoping to pin point some real loss sectors and create some better systems to help flesh out some places where cost can be saved and money can be made.  I've already created a spread sheet that has everything broken down by measurement unit, cost and totals, so hopefully that will make everything a bit faster.

Here's to the first real big step in efficiency and cost savings for my client!

No comments:

Post a Comment