Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beautiful Reception On Sunday!

Back to the grind after a great weekend shared with my new family.  It was very encouraging to meet with several Cornell Grads at the reception and they all seemed very interested in what I was doing! Only one statement that "going it alone is really hard" for business consulting, which interested me. I expected a lot more doubt and fear.

I was,of course, asked every one's least favorite question "what do you do?" I decided to steer clear of my usual answer of "well, golf is what takes up most of my time" to actually answering in a way that these folks expected. As i droned on for about the fifth time answering this long question, I noticed that I "do" way too many things. I answered the questions with the following criteria:
student
waitor
chef
business consultant
entrepreneur
stock arbitrageur

too much.

Unfortunately the two least glamorous (chef and waitor) pays my bills, so those have to stay. My stocks I have put into a bond fund until i can spend more time on them, and they're still doing quite well.  Business consulting is my goal, and I spend most time on that beyond my regular work day and school. My businesses are actually the leas time consuming, as i spend less than 4 hours per week on each. (more info on those later)

Still, soon something will hopefully give and my hourly income will increase greatly. With all of these new moves I'm making, it can't be much longer.

til next time. don't budge for the Cornell grads (especially when your mother in law was the valedictorian!

No comments:

Post a Comment