Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Privacy Policy?

Greetings folks.

Today, While out on a late night run down the local river bank, I came to a realization that I am glad came to me earlier than later. Privacy and nondisclosure is rather important for a business consultant.  I was speaking with an acquaintance who works for a rival restaurant from my first client, and I mentioned that I was doing consulting work for my client. I was just not realizing that this could have large implications. What if this information gets back to her manager? Will my client catch gaff from the chef community for seeking professional business help? Could that employee insinuate that he must need help because of his personal issues? Keeping that in mind, How does this work out for marketing myself as a consultant? "I did consulting work for this guy once, but I can't tell you his name or his business name, sorry" That won't work out so well.

I want to hit this one out of the park. I went door to door to local businesses today inviting their employees to get lunch at my client's restaurant , stating that our lunch was fast, cheap and delicious. This is a simple word of mouth tactic that seems to work really well for many other restaurants. Although I know I'm making the right steps to make this project work, I'm worried about a few things:

1. what should be the level of privacy, in regard to outsiders, other clients, and the staff of the restaurant?
2. What are some things I can do over the next week to knock this out of the park?
3. How do I deal with the fact that my client's wife is still around, acting like a manager?

I have a meeting with my client monday where I'll solidify my contract with him, but I want to make sure that I do things THIS WEEK to show him this is an investment that will make him a ton of money.

I think I'm going to do the following tomorrow:
1. Organize an inventory checklist
2. continue with marketing on word of mouth basis.
3. possibly work on an SEO blog on bourbon and barbecue.

Until next time, keep hustling.

No comments:

Post a Comment